Growth must be the single constant in an industry, whether industries or individuals want it or not. The assistance of fleet management software supports growth in commercial fleets – growth toward safer and more automated fleets.
Since Tesla introduced self-driving cars, self-driving has been a hot topic. But, with powerful telematics software, we are working to make fully automated cars a normative reality.
What Exactly is Video Telematics?
Video telematics can make fleet managers omniscient by providing them with a constant view of what is going on in and out of their vehicles via dashcams and outward-facing cameras. As a result, managers receive all of the standard car telematics data, as well as images of the driver’s and nearby vehicles’ movements.
What Innovative Tools Does Video Telematics Provide?
Here are the two special tools that become possible because of fleet management software:
- Driver Monitoring System (DMS): Fleet management software may detect whether drivers are distracted while driving by using the appropriate software and other technical aid. It is the most effective technique to improve vehicle safety since it allows managers to prevent any distracted driving pattern from becoming fatal in the first place.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS): The primary function of an advanced driver assistance system is to prevent collisions. As a result, it enables the vehicle to be aware of its surroundings and works as an extra set of eyes and alertness for the drivers.
You can get immediate probable collision alerts, overspeeding alerts, and lane-switching notifications with ADAS.
Is Fleet Management Software Sufficient?
Yes, fleet management solutions are critical to preserving the future possibilities of commercial driving and increased vehicle safety. Unfortunately, even with the best technological aid available, most activities are not achievable unless a complete system is in operation.
- AI and Machine Learning Systems: Yes, video telematics can assist in sending fleet management software notifications to managers. However, advanced AI and ML systems are required to detect concerns through the smallest of gestures, such as yawning or the approach of a car.
- A reliable network connection: Robust network connections, such as 5G, enable the development of robust V2V (vehicle-to-vehicle), V2I (vehicle-to-infrastructure), and V2X (vehicle-to-everything) systems. ADAS works better over these networks since it uses not only video but also data to make the best predictions.
DMS and ADAS Are Transforming Commercial Driving
As previously said, DMS systems enable management to keep a closer check on drivers, while ADAS helps them to keep a better eye on the road. Consider how the two technologies affect business driving by lowering road accidents.
Driver Monitoring Systems for a Safer Fleet Driver monitoring systems are the best chance for preventing road accidents caused by careless driving. Here’s how it’s done:
- No Distractions: DMS will notify supervisors about smoking, diversions, tiredness, yawning, absence, and camera blocking, to name a few. With the proper procedures in place, there is little room for drivers to be distracted on the road, which instantly reduces accidents caused by carelessness.
- Driver Evaluation: Managers can judge driver reliability more easily when they can see how drivers are in the automobiles. As a result, managers can make efforts to make their fleet safer than it was prior to diligent evaluation.
ADAS for Intelligent Cars allows self-driving automobiles in the near future. How? Let’s see what happens!
- Increased Vigilance: Managers are warned by ADAS systems when there is a risk of a forward accident, signal violation, lane change, or overspeeding. Back collision is also notified if you install rear cameras. This way, the vehicle is subjected to far greater scrutiny than a driver can provide manually.
- Improved Connectivity: With cameras integrated into all vehicles, worldwide connectivity becomes easier. As a result, surrounding and traffic intuition enable vehicle automation. With the correct technology, this can lead to automatic steps that prevent vehicles from colliding, even in heavy traffic.
TrackoBit Can Help You Prepare Your Fleet for the Future.
“If they don’t figure out how to adapt their entire firm to accept new technologies, at least 40% of all enterprises will die in the next ten years.” – Cisco Systems John Chambers
To keep your company from going down that road, you need automated processes and technical assistance to help your fleet develop in tandem with the industry.
Your company should have all the early bird and competitive advantages it can get to prove its worth, right? That is exactly what TrackoBit is here for: to assist your company prepare for future improvements and difficulties!