With the help of a Linksys smart application and an Ethernet cable, Linksys Velop WiFi mesh setup can be completed without incident. The procedure is not as challenging as it first appears. Make sure you are familiar with the necessary fundamental information, nevertheless, before beginning the Linksys Velop extender setup method.
Let’s go through every step of the procedure as well as a few more details.
Linksys Velop WiFi Mesh Installation
While there are no specific products needed for the Linksys Velop WiFi mesh setup, there are a few items on the list. The list of these is below written.
- an internet connection and a modem or router.
- cables used for ethernet.
- newest Android and iOS mobile devices, as well as any other.
- Linksys’ upgraded smart app.
- Basically, that is all you require to set up a Linksys Velop network. Let’s go on to the setup process, which is the most important step.
Note:- If you need any assistance regarding your linksys wifi extender so contact our technician or visit the official website that is extender.linksys.com.
Linksys App for Linksys WiFi Mesh Setup
You get a few items that must be purchased for the Linksys Velop setup during the unboxing process. These consist of a manual, the Velop setup, the ethernet cables, and a power cable. Follow the other instructions below after receiving the Velop setup and an Ethernet wire.
- The Linksys Velop should be put close to the primary router.
- Connect the ethernet cable by putting one end into the router’s port and the other end into the ethernet port on the Velop.
- The power line should then be inserted into the Velop setup to link it to the power plug.
- The LED indicator demonstrates blue once it is plugged into a power outlet, indicating that everything is ready.
- Wait till the primary router has finished booting before establishing the connection.
- The Velop’s LED will turn solid purple after a few minutes, indicating that it is ready for usage.
- The Linksys Velop Setup can then be started by installing and using the Linksys app on your device.
- Ensure that the app is running on the most recent version. If the version on your device is outdated, update it.
- Mark the terms that have been agreed to, then enter your email address and password.
- Then a website that asks you where the internet comes from will show up on your computer screen.
- Open the WiFi list in the Linksys app after selecting your internet connection.
- Velop Setup’s network name will show up in the list.
Linksys Velop extender Firmware Upgrade
The Linksys Velop firmware may be updated easily, which addresses a lot of performance issues. Therefore, always turn on the Linksys app’s auto-upgrade firmware option. If you decide to carry it out manually, you primarily have two choices. The first one involves accessing a certain URL, while the second involves logging into CA. Follow each of these two steps separately.
By an Unique Link
- Make sure your node is configured or set to its factory default settings before using this method. Write down the node’s IP address, which is 192.168.1.1. To get more information, read the printed instructions.
- On a computer or laptop, first download the firmware file for your product.
- Open any web browser and type IP addressfupdate.html” into the search box if the node has been setup. Utilize the node’s IP address.
- Search for IPaddressfupdate.html” if the node is still using its factory default settings.
- A sign-in page will then show up on the screen. After entering your username and password, click “Sign In.”
- Select and upload the firmware file after seeing the firmware upgrade page, then click Update.
- Wait for the completion of the upgrade.
- The specified node will turn on and display a solid blue light following the update.
- The factory default settings node, however, will display a solid purple light when it is prepared for setup.
- Repeat the Linksys Velop Setup procedure.