In case you haven’t noticed, the world is changing at a faster pace than ever before. The internet has democratized information and made it easier to connect with others around the globe—including your competitors. This means that everyone has access to the same resources as everyone else. As a result, individuals are now responsible for creating their opportunities instead of waiting for them to fall into their laps.
Thankfully, successful people like Shray Goel are willing to share their success strategies to help the rest of us achieve our own goals. He shares that you must be ready to exceed other people’s expectations if you aspire to greatness.
According to Shray Goel, the following are some of the routines that great achievers engage in that make this possible:
1. Work with a mentor
As someone with mentoring experience, Shray Goel is confident in the power of mentors to guide their mentees toward success. Moreover, they can aid in overcoming challenges, gaining new knowledge, maintaining motivation, and keeping an eye on the prize.
Whether it be a coach, teacher, or parent – having someone willing to hold you accountable for your actions is one of the most effective ways to get results in your life. The best mentors are people that have achieved goals similar to yours.
Rather than find a mentor multiple levels above you – Shray Goel suggests trying to find someone only 3 or 4 steps ahead of your current goals. This allows you to follow in their footsteps to achieve your desired results. Coaches and mentors can be found in various locations – both online and in person.
Working with a mentor is an active process that requires you to audit yourself regularly to ensure you’re reaching your goals. Many confuse repetition with results – this is an easy mental trap to fall into. Make sure you’re moving forward and keep yourself accountable to achieve greatness.
2. Use affirmations
Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself to help you achieve your goals. They can help you overcome a fear or improve your self-esteem and confidence. Self-hypnosis is a powerful method for directing one’s attention inward, making it ideal for usage in tandem with affirmations. Shray Goel suggests jotting down positive statements and reading them aloud to yourself first thing in the morning.
Make sure that your affirmations are specific to you and your goals. Generic affirmations are good for starters but to achieve notable results – you need to look inward at yourself. Below I an example of a generic affirmation.
“I am a capable individual that has overcome great obstacles and is fully capable of achieving my desires.”
Compare that to a specific affirmation:
“I, Shray, am a highly motivated individual that has built multiple successful businesses and I will utilize my day adding value to myself and people around me.”
Make sure your affirmations include your name, a good quality you possess, and what you will achieve in the future. Write five or six affirmations and repeat them to yourself regularly for the best results.
3. Build Systems by Stacking Habits
Shray Goel’s third advice for achieving success is to use existing structures and processes. They create a system for everything, from structuring their time to managing their finances and developing accountability within the team. When you have a plan in place, you don’t have to think about what needs doing—you do it!
The easiest way to build a good system is habit stacking. Think of two or three good habits you want to achieve and set a reward for yourself once you complete the habits. An example would be allowing yourself ten minutes of social media use once you have completed a workout, meditation, and healthy breakfast.
Stacking these three habits together and finishing the system with a reward – stimulate the production of dopamine – a neurotransmitter that controls our motivation pathways. If you ever feel a lack of motivation or writer’s block – Shray Goel suggests using a system to stack habits is a quick way to produce dopamine and get back into your groove.
4. Practice gratitude
Practicing gratitude is another powerful habit that high performers use to bring about positive changes in their lives, according to Shray Goel. If you look at the data, it’s clear that people who practice gratitude are more successful and happier than those who do not—as with meditation and mindfulness, practicing gratitude can help you focus on the positive aspects of your life instead of dwelling on negative thoughts or experiences.
Gratitude also helps increase happiness by focusing on what you have rather than what you don’t have—which means that by practicing gratitude, you’re essentially training yourself to shift your mindset into a place where success seems inevitable instead of something that only happens by chance. This is because when we view our current situation as good enough, we don’t feel like we need anything else to feel satisfied—and therefore go after our goals without being held back by fear or doubt!
You don’t need a fancy home, car, or clothes to practice gratitude. Being grateful for simple things such as a roof over your head, your family’s health, or good weather outside will stimulate your mind to think positively and move forward toward your goals.
5. Set Priorities and Make High-Quality Choices
There is a lot of information and advice out there these days. How do you know what’s important, and how do you focus on it?
The fifth and final piece of advice from Shray Goel is to learn to prioritize. The first step is to identify the factors that will most impact your success in reaching your objective. To achieve your objective, you must first pinpoint the behaviors and attitudes that stand in your way.
For example, if your goal is related to health and fitness- you need to establish a clear plan of foods you can and cannot consume. Having a plan in advance allows you to work on autopilot and not have to make decisions on the fly.
Humans have a limited amount of energy devoted to making decisions. This energy gets depleted as we make choices throughout the day. Some high performers, such as Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg, go as far as to wear the same style of clothes every day so that they do not have to make trivial decisions and can focus their energy on high-level choices.
By establishing your priorities and making decisions in accordance with your goals – you will set yourself up for the greatest chances of success.
These habits will help you to achieve your goals and perform at your highest level possible
- Finding a Mentor – You’ll meet some great people in your life, but not all of them will be mentors. Your mentor is someone who has achieved the success that you want to achieve and can help guide you toward it. They will have the answers to all of your questions, and they can advise on how best to tackle any obstacles that may come up along the way.
- Using Positive Affirmations – If there’s one thing high performers have in common, it’s confidence! We can break through barriers because we believe in ourselves and our abilities so much that nothing seems impossible. An affirmation is simply a specific statement that reinforces positive beliefs about yourself; it could be something like “I am capable of achieving my goals by using the life experiences that I have already had in the past” or “I am going to win five new clients today by calling all my leads and sharing my success stories with them.” When used consistently over time, affirmations can be an excellent tool for building confidence and self-esteem, two qualities needed for success!
- Building Systems with Good Habits – Combine a handful of good habits with a reward to build a system. This allows for the production of dopamine – a neurotransmitter that controls motivation. By creating the reward system at the end of your habit stack – you create a structured environment to enjoy the things you like while achieving your goals.
- Practicing Gratitude – Look for all things in life, big and small, when practicing gratitude. The important thing is not to focus on what is missing in your life – instead, focus on what you have available to you currently. No matter your circumstances – there is always something to be grateful for. By practicing gratitude daily – you open yourself up to positive feedback loops from your environment.
- Set Priorities and Make High-Quality Choices – Setting priorities allows us to decide between tasks and opportunities throughout the day. Without priorities – it is increasingly difficult to maintain course and follow your goals. By using the habits and systems above – you can avoid decision fatigue and prioritize making choices that push you toward your desired objectives.
High achievement is within reach of anyone who puts in the time and effort required to get it. Shray Goel thinks that the most important thing is to remember that you already possess all the necessary resources to bring about the changes you desire. With these five habits, we hope you can use them as inspiration and motivation to achieve anything you put your mind to!
About Shray Goel:
Shray Goel is an accomplished entrepreneur, technology founder, and commercial real estate developer. Shray Goel graduated from UC Santa Barbra with a major in Economics and a minor in Global Studies and Technology Entrepreneurship.
Professionally, Shray’s career spanned over a decade in technology project management and product management. Shray Goel worked on web applications at multiple public companies before founding his own company. He is a certified Agile Scrum Master and Project Management Professional.
Since 2010, Shray Goel has owned and managed more than $10 million in multifamily real estate assets throughout the United States. One of Shray’s many businesses provides flexible housing solutions to traveling medical professionals, including doctors and nurses. He has served clients at prestigious medical facilities such as Rady Children’s Hospital, UC San Diego Medical Center, and Scripps Mercy Hospital.
Shray Goel mentors busy professionals in achieving breakthroughs in life by leveraging mental health improvements, positive habits, and productivity hacks. Shray has a proven track record of advising clients on how to get the most out of their lives and investments. He enjoys writing about mental health, financial technology, and investing strategies.
For more information on Shray Goel, visit his website at http://ShrayGoel.com.